drawing on the root window

hi there,

the program oneko has always fascinated me.   it uses xlib to draw a cat on
the root window which runs all over the root window, following the mouse
pointer.

is it possible to write such a program using gtk?  in other words, using the
gtk library, is it possible to draw directly onto the root window and have
the drawing move around the entire screen?

thanks!
pete

One world, one web, one program. -- Microsoft Ad Campaign            _
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer. -- Nazi Ad Campaign                ._.
<=>+/\/-=Prevent world domination, Install Linux today!=-\/\+<=>    /v\
website coming soon as I get DSL            p belial ucdavis edu   // \\
  The best way to accelerate a win95 system is at 9.81 m/s^2       rules