Memory problem

Hi Folks

I have a function which is eating up lots of memory.  The function is
listed below and is called every 1 second with the same

GtkWidget *widget

being passed to it each time.
What do I need to do to stop it eating up memory.  All I want the
function to do is set the colours of itself and its parent(if it has
one).
Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Tony

int SetWidgetColour(GtkWidget *widget, int bordersize, int red,
                     int green, int blue)
{
    GtkStyle *new_style;
    GdkColor color;

    color.red = red;
    color.green = green;
    color.blue = blue;

    gdk_color_alloc(gdk_colormap_get_system(), &color);
    new_style = gtk_style_copy(gtk_widget_get_default_style());
    new_style->bg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] = color;
    new_style->bg[GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT] = color;
    new_style->bg[GTK_STATE_ACTIVE] = color;
    gtk_style_detach (widget->style);
    gtk_widget_set_style(GTK_WIDGET(widget), new_style);

    return TRUE;
}