Re: Compiling problems with gtk+ 1.3.1

   >I would really suggest that make clean deletes this files.
   >Is the makefile maintainer listening?

   `make distclean' does that well. Read docs for automake, if interested.

Something I find extremely puzzling, and annoying, is that some
packages don't define a ``distclean.''  I have no idea why not....  I
don't even know how to get automake to not define it!  Nor do I
especially care to learn.

Not really relevant here, since gtk does it right.  But you still have
to know about removing config.cache by hand.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002