Re: Compiling problems with gtk+ 1.3.1

>Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:34:08 -1000
>From: Tony Denault <denault hawaii edu>
>

>On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Vladimir Tsichevski wrote:
>

>> >I run a ./configure --prefix=3D/usr/X11R6 --enable-shared --enable-shm
>> >--with-gnu-ld --disable-xim-inst --with-catgets --with-x

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Every time after you change something in your system environment,
>> remove the ./config.cache file prior running ./configure
>> again. Usually all the results of ./configure are cached, so if you
>> don't, the results of previous configure invocation will be silently
>> used. Notice the word @cached@ in transcript, for example:
>>

>I had the same problem in the 1.2.x series. I used a mounted source code
>partition (/usr/shared/src), and tried to compile gtk on different
>version of solaris (2.6, 2.7) on our network. I keep getting an error
>on one machine until I manually deleted ./config.cashe. I assumed 'make
>clean' would be enough - I think is a fair assumption.
>
>I would really suggest that make clean deletes this files.
>Is the makefile maintainer listening?

`make distclean' does that well. Read docs for automake, if interested.

>Otherwise the GTK install procedures (and GTK+) are great. I enjoy using
>it.

The problem has nothing with Gtk+. That is one more reason why Gtk+ is
really great!

Vladimir V. Tsichevski
senior expert

                  Jet Infosystems
Krasnoproletarskaya 6,		Tel. (+7 095) 972-1182
Moscow 103006, Russia		Fax  (+7 095) 972-0791
Any opinions or recommendations herein are those of
the author and not of his computer.