Re: [Testcase] Re: 32bit scrolling problems in Gtk+ 1.3.1

"David A. Bartold" <foxx mail utexas edu> writes:

> Thanks, it fixed the BadValue problem.  There are still
> problems when the window is initially small and then resized to
> something big (could be an X server problem?) and the scrolling
> occurs between begin+16384 and end-16384 of the full length,
> but for now I've gotten around it by creating the window large
> (i.e. >15 bits).

Sigh.

You are saying that if, in your test case, you set the initial size to
1, and then you go to the middle of the scrolling area, and scroll
left and right, you see obvious misbehavior?

I don't see that here. (XFree86-4.0.1). It's conceivable that
it could be an X server problem. What X server are you using?

Could you modify x11/gdkwindow-x11.c/gdk_window_gravity_works() to
print out its result and see what that is? I haven't implemented
the fallbacks yet on the theory that its just bug workarounds
for old servers, and until something fails, probably nobody
is using such old servers.

Regards,
                                        Owen