Re: installing 2.8

Matt Eisemann wrote:
> Well, it turns out that since running Sun Solaris it does not use 'ld' in
> the /etc directory to find the libraries but solaris does rely on the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to find the GTK and GLIB libraries.  My
> application works now but the only disturbin thing is that when application
> links it still gets that
> /bin/sh:gtk-config: not found

Do you have the directory where gtk-config lives in your $PATH?

> but maybe it finds it later on?
>
> I also get some wierd warnings similar to
>
> glibconfig.h:43: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
> glibconfig.h:44: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'
>
> Is there a patch for this or is that a bug in glibconfig.h ?  Thanks ahead
> of time for your help.

This has something to do with compiler options. Which compiler and which
options were used to build GTK? And which compiler and which options
were used to build the application?

--
 .-.   .-.    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer.