Re: Can't install GTK+ 1.2.8

Patrick Clinger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Every time I try to install GTK+ 1.2.8 ./configure fails.  Everything
> does well until it says "Checking for X" and then it fails ("Checking
> for X... no").  I have Glib 1.2.8 installed, if that info helps any.
>
> Also, I'm running Mandrake 7.

Looks like you haven't installed the X development RPM. Look on your
Mandrake CD for something along the lines of XFree86-devel-x.x.x.rpm.
This RPM contains the header files for things like Xlib and Xt, which
are required to develop X Window applications.

Chris
--
something strange in the squirt gun