Re: fork and gtk

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Jeff Shipman wrote:

| Have you made sure that you included unistd.h, which you need
| to use fork()? Many times when you see 'implicit declaration
| of blah blah...' it's because you're missing the necessary
| include file for that function.

I would also suggest that this is the problem -- you're missing
include files.  I'm pretty sure that's the case, but if not --
do you need to use pragma or adjust the include path in your
make file?

Not seeing all your code I can't say for sure, but I believe
I've successfully written programs that forked like you're
trying to.  I wrote up a short explanation of pipes and
redirection which has the fork code I used.  It's right here:

	- VAB

| Matt Eisemann wrote:
| > Currently I am hjaving a problem with using fork() and the following should
| > explain better what example or what I am trying to do.  If the fork()
| > function is used in the function of main(), then 'fork()' is recognized but
| > not if used in another function.

- ---
V. Alex Brennen      [vab metanet org]
[ ]