Re: GTK+ client server app

Meghal Harish Varia wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a way I can implement a client app in a client-server
> setting.  For example, my app requires continuous monitoring for incoming
> messages while providing the GUI to the user.  Upon arrival of each
> message, my app should be notified, and I should perform the appropriate
> steps.
>
> Anyone know how this can be done with GTK+?
>
> thanks,
> meghal

You should have a look at the function gdk_input_add().  It allows your
GTK app to receive i/o events on any number of file descriptors.  It
basically provides you with a hook into the Xwindows select call, so if
you understand how select() works, you shouldn't have any trouble
getting
gdk_input_add() to work for you.

Hope this helps,
Darin