About XLib

I'm sorry to put this question to these mail lists. Sorry to bother all of you. But I hope you can give me a hand. The question is about XLib.

I use XGetImage to get the image of a specified window or just the desktop as xwd would do. But When I use XPutImage to put it onto a window, it fails when the image is multivis (for example the image gotten on Solaris U10 when Netscape is running. It works properly on Linux, U5 and U10 without Netscape is running). It displays: "BadMatch (Invalid parameter attributes)." I think I have changed the image I get using XGetImage to proper format. I compare it with the image generated by xwud just before it be put to a window.

I do all of these follow the guide of xwd and xwud. But I'm really confused. Can you give me some advice or some web site about it? Thanks.

Bluez Zhao