Troubles with GnomeAnimator

Hello all.

I'm having troubles with a GnomeAnimator that stopped working.
I create the window "anim" containing the animator with glade and then
call create_anim(). Then I set the image sequence (a slightly modified
tux-anim ... just zoomed 4x and added the missing pixels). Then I start
a detached thread (with pthead_create + pthread_detach) that does its
work well, without calling GTK functions (I even tried to put just a
sleep(10) in it...). When it's done it sets a global variable (I know
it's ugly, but it should be enough) that's checked by a gtk_idle_add'ded
function.
Well, It worked, till I modified another window with glade. Now it
displays anim window, but without the animation :-(

Any hint ?

Tks,
 Diego.