[fixed] Re: gtk_entry_set_text() and very fast updates

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> This code doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What are you trying to
> accomplish ? When and how do you cancel the timeout function, and why
> doesn't it return FALSE or TRUE (or is that because you didn't
> actually cut-n-paste) ?

I do believe I have found it thanks to your question of return value.  I've
changed the timer callback itself to return FALSE and the leak no longer occurs.
The program also no longer segfaults.  Perhaps a simple note can be added to the
FAQ to RTFM [again] on the subject of callbacks and return values when it appears
your program has a memleak and strange segfaults.

-d

begin:vcard
n:Ford;David
x-mozilla-html:TRUE