Re: installing 2.8

Matt Eisemann wrote:
> Finally I can get back to this.  Well now I can get back to this.  To
> answer the questions below, the compiler that I am using is gcc (not cc).
>  I will prog provide some of the makefile for your inspection and see if
> that looks right.   . . . .
>
> CFLAGS = -g -ansi -pedantic -Wall -d `gtk-config --cflags`  -DSPARC_SUNOS

Remove -pedantic. That's probably the cause of:

glibconfig.h:43: warning: ANSI C does not support 'long long'

If that doesn't help, try removing -ansi as well.

> For GTK and GLIB I think I used most of the default settings but I did
> redirect the architecture-independent files I think.  Probabaly used
> ./configure --prefix=/home/matt/mppcm/ssep/GTK..... instead of the default
> /usr/local.  I think I also did the same thing with the GLIB ./configure
> script and redirected the prefix to /home/matt/mppcm/ssep/GLIB or something
> like that.  Could the error below be due to the above or did I not answer

Then you'd have to have /home/matt/mppcm/ssep/GLIB/bin in your $PATH
if you want your shell to be able to find glib-config. Or you'll have to
have symlink in one of the directories which are in your PATH.

--
 .-.   .-.    Chaos, panic & disorder - my work here is done.