GDK ERROR: Fatal io error 11

Hi

  i tried to run a gdk/gtk+ application which gives me randomly the
  following error:
            Gdk-ERROR**: Fatal IO error 11 (Try again) on X server
            bla:0.0
  it seems that there is no special action related to throwing the
  error. sometimes it it sufficient to just move the mouse over some
  of the application windows, somtimes one has to push some buttons.

  i found some similar reports in the archive but no reliable hint on
  solving that problem. the developer of the app has never encountered
  such errors, so i think it has to do with my local setup (X, shared
  libs, etc.).

  i upgraded to the latest glib, gdk, gtk+ releases and had a
  recompile from scratch, but no go ...

  ANY hints are really appreciated, but please CC to me directly
  because i am not participating on the list for now ...

CU
 Alexander                          mailto:Alexander Lichius ruhr-uni-bochum de