Re: Locale and fonts.

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Alexei Gromov wrote:

 Hi Alexey,

 File /etc/gtk/gtkrc.${LANG} defines default fontset used by gtk under that
locale.
 But you should add similar constructs to .gtkrc to override defaults. Gnome
Control Center edits it for example when you override font.

 I personally dumped fontset definitions from /etc/gtk/gtkrc.ru since XLib
behaves very strange at allocating fonts in fontset (it seemed to me that
it's impossible to make fontset containing fonts  I needed - XLib was
'fontset' keyword in my .gtkrc since it allows me to specify font precisely -
but following this way you will encounter a nasty bug in gtk that will make
all non-english words truncated in menus on buttons etc. Apply the appropriate
patch from
	http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/projects.html
and you'll get nicely and correctly working gtk.