Re: Locale and fonts.

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Alexei Gromov wrote:

 Hi Alexey,

 File /etc/gtk/gtkrc.${LANG} defines default fontset used by gtk under that
 But you should add similar constructs to .gtkrc to override defaults. Gnome
Control Center edits it for example when you override font.

 I personally dumped fontset definitions from /etc/gtk/ since XLib
behaves very strange at allocating fonts in fontset (it seemed to me that
it's impossible to make fontset containing fonts  I needed - XLib was
'fontset' keyword in my .gtkrc since it allows me to specify font precisely -
but following this way you will encounter a nasty bug in gtk that will make
all non-english words truncated in menus on buttons etc. Apply the appropriate
patch from
and you'll get nicely and correctly working gtk.