Re: beginner gtk questions

>after reading through docs etc here is what I came up with.  attached
>is a custom gtk widget for a knob.  can someone look over the code as
>far as the functionality or missing required pieces, and things like
>that, and get back to me? reply to my email, I am not on the list.
>Would this kind of a widget be acceptable in a general purpose GTK
>app or does it need a lot more work to make it usable.  I also would
>like suggestions how to make the adjustment widget honor the
>adjustment->lower values to start the knob with negative
>numbers... etc

this looks pretty interesting in a number of ways. i would be quite
interesting in merging this code with a Gtk-- object that I have
called a Gtkmmext::MotionFeedback. Its a lot more general than a knob,
and has a number of nice features that yours does not (such as the use
of shaped windows). It can then be used as a slider, a knob or others
kinds of control widgets where mouse motion is used to control an
adjustment in combination with widgets.

i'll see what i can do. i try to stay away from GTK+ widget creation
when i can, because its so painful compared to doing it in C++, but
now that you've offered up the framework, perhaps i can get around to
this :)

--p