Re: Connecting to two displays ?

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

> The idea of a 'forking X server' is interesting, but fraught with danger.
> For instance, what should it do if the X app hands it a call to XAllocColor(),
> and there's room in the colormap on one display, but the other one is
> full?  Or an X font available on one display but not the other? etc etc
>
> If all the original poster was trying to do was get a snapshot of a window
> and display it elsewhere, I'd definitely suggest using brute force and
> at least looking into using 'xv'

Of course, but:
* I want to use gtk
* My need is not limited to screen snapshots
* I use one X server which manage two screens in the classical way (not
Xinerama): there are two separate X displays: :0.0 and :0.1.

My idea was to have **gtk** manage two display connexions (two XOpenDisplay, two
ressources set associated with the displays (colors,...) two blocking-listening
for an XEvent- XNextEvent in two separate threads... but threads brings lots of
difficulties).

--
Jean-Paul ROUMIAN