Re: Mailing list status - privacy?

>  Matthew if you are reading this, could you tell our list admins where the
>setting is?

I assume that they are reading the list?

I use Mailman for all of my lists.  I will use my domain as the example.  The
list is based at cvs.orasoft.org, and the name of the list that I will use for
the example is orauser.

The base URL for administration is:
http://cvs.orasoft.org/mailman/admin/orauser

To switch from displaying actual e-mail addresses to masked addresses go to:
http://cvs.orasoft.org/mailman/admin/orauser/privacy
and change the option:
Show member addrs so they're not directly recognizable as email addrs?

To make the addresses viewable by admins or list members change the value of:
Who can view subscription list?

to the appropriate setting.  It's all very easy with the browser-based
administration that comes with Mailman.

While you're changing options, you should configure it to send replies to the
list instead of the recipient.  This list is low-traffic enough that it would
not be a nuisance.

Matthew