Re: [gtk-list] Re: X and idles => incredible slowdowns

>In my case, I've never really cared enough to try :)  Typically I'm
>drawing with OpenGL at a target rate of 30 fps - so I just set a 60Hz
>timeout ... 1/60 = 16msec (or so).  This is hardly scientific, due to
>system overhead, but it's Good Enough.

I'm glad to hear that its good enough. Unless you're running on a box
with HZ set to 1000, and running with SCHED_FIFO, timeout granularity
is going to be (generally) limited to 10ms, making it more likely that
your timeout code runs 50 times a second, not 60.

--p