Window(manager) border inconsistency

Hi,

I have a Gtk-- (C++ wrapper) based application which is mysteriously
displaying differences in the way the window manager decorates/frames
the window. The Gtk-- folks suggested I ask here as they;re not sure
either:

While playing around with my app, I've noticed that depending on
if I have a popup menu vs. a traditional menu, the window border (as
generated by the window manager) differs. To see what I mean, take
a look at

 http://212.187.12.197/gtk--bug/

Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing this? I'm not
aware of anything in my code that I would hold accountable for this
difference. The interesting thing though is, that I don't seem to have
any code in my application which sets any WM hints. Could this be an
inadvertant result of something else I'm doing (ie: > setting styles, etc.)?

Thanks
--> Robert