[gtk-list] HELP: how to generate sound-files for gnomeapps????(2.)

Hello,

Ehm i thought that an answer to this question would be trivial? But maybe too
trivial to even point me in the right direction? Or does nobody never try to
add sounds to gnome leaving it to some sort of black sorcerers to create them
using strange and unknown formats??

Nevertheless there's the posting again, in the hope that finally i will get
behind this mistery...

i looked around, read the gnome-FAQ (found absolutely nothing), asked a few
people, but still don't get it working.....

i am using the gnome version that comes with debian-woody, esd is running, i
sample my sounds using esdrec with esdcat i can play them without problems, but
no way to get them into a format that will let them use by any gnome-program as
say gnomeicq.....

So what path have i to follow to come from the output of esdrec to a sound file
that may be understood by a gnomeapp?

I found absolutely no docu about that, even looking at the docu of esd i found
no hint about the format of the generated soundfiles .... file reports that is
is simple data....

I used sox to convert the esd-result to wav, but this does not seem to work,
BTW what are the programs to play wav files, so that i may test the wav files
generated by sox?

any help appreciated!

--
ciao bboett