Stupid Gdk/Xlib question

	Let's say I have a GdkWindow with a tiled background pixmap (set
with gdk_window_set_back_pixmap).

	Next, I draw some simple text onto that window.  The text does not
have a background of its own.

	Now, I want to copy part of the window to itself using
gdk_window_copy_area (in order to move a portion of the text), as one
would do when implementing scrolling.

	Is the window's background pixmap copied, or is only the text
copied?  That is, will gdk_window_copy_area copy only those text pixels
which I drew to the window, or will it completely copy all pixels,
including the background (and hence, screw up my tiled background because
the edges of the tile won't line up anymore)?

Thank You,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@kd-dev.com