Problem unreferencing object

Hi ALL :-)

Thanks for all that have helped me on my last thread. The program runs
"almost" OK...

The "almost" in the last phrase is there cause, by destroying the main
(and by now unique) window with

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (window1), "destroy",
		      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (quit), NULL);

}

and

void
quit ()
{
  gtk_main_quit();
}

I receive the following message error:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid class type `(unknown)' in cast to `GtkObject'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1172 (gtk_object_unref):
assertion `GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.

It seems to me that gtk_main_quit () wants to unreference an object, that
was already unreferenced anywhere in program. But I don't know how to
workaround this. Any hints?

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,

Rafael (8-)