Re: [gtk-list] Re: O.S. memory usage

I've also dealt with this problem on a sun solaris machine. Sun's answer
on this question (can't remember where i found it) : free memory is
wasted memory. In other words ,my bother to return the freed memory to
the OS, when changes are that the program will need to alloc memory
later on, and thus having to ask the OS for this memory again (speeds
things up). So giving the memory back to the OS is a waste of
processortime.

Jeroen