Re: subclassing GtkText

 H> Thomas Mailund <mailund@mail1.stofanet.dk> writes:
 >> I send a patch to gtk-devel a little back[1], that moved the
 >> initialization to a `construct' method, but the patch has not been
 >> applied.
 >>

 H> If you have CVS access,

I don't.

 H> it's OK to apply that patch to tktext-port, but the patch is
 H> broken long-term so I don't want to apply it to the canonical
 H> version of the widget in CVS HEAD.

What's wrong with it?  It simply moves the body of `new' to a function
`construct' so subclasses can initialize the "text" part.  Are there
other plans for such initialization?

 H> Before using tktext-port too extensively, keep in mind that it is
 H> not the canonical widget and due to lack of Pango is fundamentally
 H> broken for i18n (it only works for Latin1 languages). There are
 H> also some source-incompatible changes in the GTK+ version, though
 H> the basic structure of the widget is the same.

Which widget are we talking about here?  The patch was for the
gtktextbuffer.[hc] from gtk+/gtk in CVS.  I thought that was the
canonical version.

        /mailund