Re: subclassing GtkText

Thomas Mailund <mailund@mail1.stofanet.dk> writes:
> I send a patch to gtk-devel a little back[1], that moved the
> initialization to a `construct' method, but the patch has not been
> applied.

If you have CVS access, it's OK to apply that patch to tktext-port,
but the patch is broken long-term so I don't want to apply it to the
canonical version of the widget in CVS HEAD.

Before using tktext-port too extensively, keep in mind that it is
not the canonical widget and due to lack of Pango is fundamentally
broken for i18n (it only works for Latin1 languages). There are also
some source-incompatible changes in the GTK+ version, though the basic
structure of the widget is the same.

Havoc