Re: cannot compile gtk+-1.2.8

    Peter> Help is needed!
    Peter> When compiling gtk+-1.2.8 everything works fine, until it comes to
    Peter> gtkaccelgroup. then it bombs out with: gtkaccelgroup.c: In function
    Peter> `gtk_accel_group_create_add': gtkaccelgroup.c:668:
    Peter> `GTK_TYPE_ACCEL_GROUP' undeclared (first use in this function)
[snipped considerably]
    Peter> "Configure" is working ok, so what am I doing wrong? Any help will be
    Peter> appreciated. Please cc me, for I am not on this list (Cannot read so
    Peter> much)

    Peter> Peter B

This look typically like you have older gtk headers present on your
system which are conflicting with the version you are trying to
compile.

Remove those old headers and compile again (preferably with doing a
"make clean" before; so that you can be sure that no possibly
redefined symbol will cause unexpected behaviour).

Wolfgang