Getting text widget to scroll down as text is inserted

Hi, I'm writting a small app that is closely patterned after the Text
example in the gtk+ tutorial. There is a Text widget and a VScrollbar widget
attached to the Text's vadj member.

Well, the problem I'm having is that when I insert text into the Text widget
I want it to scroll down so that I can see the newly inserted text. I have
tried several things: connecting to the value-changed signal and calling
gtk_adjustment_clamp_page(), or gtk_adjustment_set_value(). I just think I'm
going about this the wrong way. How would this be done?

Thanks for any help.

Matthew

--
"The liberty of others extends mine to infinity."
           Graffito written during the