CList width

Hi folks,

Had no replies to my list question, and it is still really bugging me how to
do this so I made it a lot more specific!

I need to know the width of a clist in pixels which may (or may not) have
list elements in it. Either way, it does have a fixed title so it will
always have some width by default.

I've tried the lot, but I can just never seem to access all the variables I
want (clist->clist_window_width, clist->clist_window, etc) are all in the
header files but I can't read them. Clist->allocation.width return 1, which
I presume might well be because of the fact there is no data within the list
when it is called. But I can't access the GdkRectangle structure to get the
width of the title either!

Best function I've found is gdk_window_get_size() but that doesn't work for
me either.

HELP!

Rich