Setting Background of Labels

In http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/faqs.html it is said that one
should put the Label in a GtkEventBox to be able to set the background.

This seems to work, but the problem is that I'm trying to pack two
labels in a vbox which should have different background colours.

I make two EventBoxes and then I set different background colours for
them and adds the labels. After that I pack the boxes in the vbox.

The problem is that both Labels gets the latter background colour that
was set for the latter Eventbox.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- <http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/>
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."