Re: Persistence with GDK

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Robert A. Knop Jr. wrote:

> Another application is displaying an image in the Gtk Preview widget, and
> then drawing annotations on top of the image.  If I want to change the
> image, I'll redo the annotations, but ideally I don't want to have to keep
> track of all the annotations myself just to refresh them when the widget
> is exposed.

I might add that this right here is the reason I don't think I can just
use a backing pixmap as suggested in the GTK+ Tutorial.  The display of an
image, as I understand it, draws directly to the Preview widget, not to a
GDK Drawable.  What's more, my understanding is that this is a much more
efficient way of displaying an image than trying to draw to a pixmap.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Rob