Feature request

Hi,

There is a project for Linux called ROX.  It aims to
provide a port of the RISCOS filer to Linux.  There is one feature of
particular interest, which is the XDS (X Drag-and-save) protocal.  This is
like drag-and-drop, but allows files to be dragged from their save dialog
to any supporting file managers to save the file.  This acheiced through
the addition of an icon to save dialogs.

This is useful because it means that mini browsing windows do not always
have to be used.  If the correct directory is open  in the filemanager
(and this is very likely when working on anything), then the file can be
dragged directly to them.  The alternative would be to start at the home
directory in the mini-browser and relatively slowly mnavigate to the
desired directory.

I am not suggesting that the existing system be removed - simply that this
protocol be added to it, to provide a choice.

You can look at the details of the protocol at:

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tal197/xds.php3

I hope you can add this feature to GTK - I for one would find it most
useful!

Chris.