locale

Hi *,
if I try to run a program that uses gtk, I got the following message:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
Speicherzugriffsfehler//segmentation fault

I'm running a SuSE 6.2 linux. I got this program running well on a SuSE6.1 but
not
on a SuSE6.4; on this systm, the first window starts but then the progrm hangs
and with it the whole x-server.

Compiling this program is not the problem on any system! I think, this is not
only a  gtk-problem, I think it's caused by the glibc, but I'm not shure and:
I don't know, what to do. Any suggestions?

olaf