Re: GtkFixed background

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Scott Lindsey wrote:

> I'm seeing some behavior which seems slightly similar to the the
> problem I mentioned a week or so ago (wrt GtkDrawingArea).  However,
> this behavior varies depending on the current theme.
>
> If I put a GtkFixed into a window, some themes (Cheese, BlueBrushed)
> draw their background texture.  Others (Gradient-Blue, marble3D,
> Ganymede, Aqua) don't, only drawing a comparable background color.
>
> Is this something I can (or should) work around?

 Of course theme controls this (so probably this is a decision of theme
author), so I think you have several choices:
1) hack each theme you need (just add lines pointing to correct pixmaps, like
   these
	bg_pixmap[NORMAL] = "brushed2.xpm"
	bg_pixmap[INSENSITIVE] = "brushed2.xpm"
	bg_pixmap[ACTIVE] = "brushed2-dark.xpm"
	bg_pixmap[PRELIGHT] = "brushed2-light.xpm"

  near the lines looking like

	bg[NORMAL] = { 0.77, 0.77, 0.77 }
	bg[SELECTED] = { 0.67, 0.67, 0.67 }
	bg[INSENSITIVE] = { 0.77, 0.77, 0.77 }
	bg[ACTIVE] = { 0.67, 0.67, 0.67 }
	bg[PRELIGHT] = { 0.80, 0.82, 0.84 }
  in gtkrc of the particular themes).

2) Manually apply style to given GtkFixed you need using various gtk function.

 But in general, the use of GtkFixed is a bad thing (unless you
automatically translate code written for other widgeset) - use tables and
boxes for layout.