GtkFixed background

I'm seeing some behavior which seems slightly similar to the the
problem I mentioned a week or so ago (wrt GtkDrawingArea).  However,
this behavior varies depending on the current theme.

If I put a GtkFixed into a window, some themes (Cheese, BlueBrushed)
draw their background texture.  Others (Gradient-Blue, marble3D,
Ganymede, Aqua) don't, only drawing a comparable background color.

Is this something I can (or should) work around?

--
Scott Lindsey <wombat@gobe.com>