n-way vpaned widget

Hi,

I like the behavior of the gtkpaned widget, but I was wondering if it
would be possible to create something that allows more than two panes.

Simply nesting the panes isn't quite sufficient (for me, at least) since
I would like to be able to specify a position as well.

I guess some sort of bastard mutant between a vpaned and table widget?
Now I realize that one doesn't exist (obviously), but I've been racking
my brain trying to come up with the best way to do it, and now I'm
grasping at straws, looking for suggestions.

Any takers? :)

/Alex

--
Alex Chiang       <> verily, the thoughts contained withal be mine own,
Hewlett-Packard   <> and not, as it were, of mine gracious employer