Re: Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:"libpixmap.so"

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, David Frascone wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 08:44:17PM +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, David Frascone wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm . . .strange . . .seems that a theme did it.  If I remove my .gtkrc, it
> > > works fine.  Here is the offensive .gtkrc
> >
> >  If you remove .gtkrc, it seems that gtk+ will use default theme that doesn't
> > require pixmap engine - so this is the reason the message disappears.
> >
> >  Could you try restoring your original .gtkrc shown below, and add
> > 	module_path "/usr/lib/gtk/themes/"
> >  to it and report results.
>
> I did that . . it didn't help

  You could perform steps 1) and 2) I listed in previous messages, and also
execute 'file /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines/pixmap.so" and check output - may be
you've got pixmap.so for wrong CPU type (say for SPARC if you are on x86)
(sorry if this offends you, but this seems to be my last idea).

  If you are not on linux, please state it clearly too.

 HTH

 Best regards,
  -Vlad