Re: Accelerator problems

Mark Leisher <mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu> writes:

> Platform: Solaris 2.[678]/gtk+ 1.2.7/gcc 2.95.1
>
> 1. In an application I have submenus attached to some menu items.  The
>    keystroke accelerators (the underlined letters) in the submenus work as
>    long as there is not an accelerator that uses the same key in the parent
>    menu.

I can't reproduce this with testgtk. (gtk/testgtk, item factory test).
Does that work on your setup?

> 2. One of my submenus contains some radio menu items with the toggle
>   indicator always visible.  When I activate one of these items using
>   the keystroke accelerators (underlined letters), the toggle buttons
>   do not change state.

Again, I can't reproduce this with testgtk.

> 3. When creating menus using item factories, the accelerators are not actually
>    locked, even though the gtkitemfactory.c code appears to be locking them.
>    When I do the menu construction manually, using essentially the same code
>    as is found in gtkitemfactory.c (minus using the Mod1 key as a modifier),
>    it all appears to work correctly.

I think you might be confusing the code that adds the underline
accelerators (which locks them) with the code that adds global
accelerators, which doesn't lock them.

Global accelerators should probably never be locked unless there is a
good reason. (There is some argument that they should never be
unlocked unless the user specifically turns that on in some
config file. But given that they are typically unlocked, the
user should not suddenly have that capability taken away in
some app.)

Regards,
                                        Owen