Accelerator problems

Platform: Solaris 2.[678]/gtk+ 1.2.7/gcc 2.95.1

1. In an application I have submenus attached to some menu items.  The
   keystroke accelerators (the underlined letters) in the submenus work as
   long as there is not an accelerator that uses the same key in the parent
   menu.

2. One of my submenus contains some radio menu items with the toggle indicator
   always visible.  When I activate one of these items using the keystroke
   accelerators (underlined letters), the toggle buttons do not change state.

3. When creating menus using item factories, the accelerators are not actually
   locked, even though the gtkitemfactory.c code appears to be locking them.
   When I do the menu construction manually, using essentially the same code
   as is found in gtkitemfactory.c (minus using the Mod1 key as a modifier),
   it all appears to work correctly.

Are these known problems or am I missing something?

BTW, how does one go about getting commit access to the GTK+ repository?  Am I
better off just posting patches to the devel list?
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Once you fully apprehend the vacuity of a
New Mexico State University       life without struggle, you are equipped
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             with the basic means of salvation.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Tennessee Williams