Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText: doesn't it bother anyone that... ?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Neil Hodgson wrote:

> > Doesn't it bother anyone that there is no left _visual_ margin in a
> > GtkText widget.  Text slaps right up against the left border, and makes it
> > just a tiny bit visually confusing/difficult to pick up the start of a
> > line.  There does appear to be a bit of a top margin.  All the apps that I
> > _know_ are using GTK have this problem.
>
>    Thanks for the prod. Your message prompted me to add horizontal margins
> to the Scintilla source editing widget. There isn't a top margin either. Its
> rare to see the accented characters that touch the top of the character box
> so what you think is a top margin is just leading. Try putting "ÃÄÅÇg" (hope
> the string makes it through the mail handlers - its A with tilde above, A
> with umlaut, A with circle above, C with cedilla and g) into widgets to see
> how they behave.

Thank you Neil!

Wow, I had thought my wish had fallen on deaf ears, but it turns out that
the only response was a good one.  What about the other margins, too?  :)

I look forward to seeing the changes trickle into the apps I'm using.
I hope programmers pick up on the new feature(s).

I appreciate it.

                           - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -

                             - BEAUDESIGN.COM -