GtkText: doesn't it bother anyone that... ?

I'm a user, not a programmer...

Doesn't it bother anyone that there is no left _visual_ margin in a
GtkText widget.  Text slaps right up against the left border, and makes it
just a tiny bit visually confusing/difficult to pick up the start of a
line.  There does appear to be a bit of a top margin.  All the apps that I
_know_ are using GTK have this problem.

Other apps I use built with other toolkits, I assume, don't have this
problem.

I took a look at the GTK guide, and there doesn't seem to be parameters
for margins in Gtk_Text.  It would seem the only way to get margins for
Gtk_Text would be to make it borderless and put it within another
window widget.  The extra work that this takes programmers would seem
to be excessive since it is not "usually" done.

Looking at the text widget spec in Tk, I see there is a left margin
parameter.

If I have read the situation correctly, I encourage those responsible for
the Gtk_Text to add the parameter(s) for margin(s), or if I have not read
the situation correctly, I would have programmers encouraged to do what is
necessary to incorporate margins between text and the Gtk_Text borders.

Thank you for listening.