Re: [gtk-list] Re: GIOChannel

> The event model is critical for writing a gui which doesn't lock
> up on all net requests.  I found it helpful enough that I've
> used it in at least one non-gui program -- my sound server, gdam.

How? Sustained transfers lock (on occation even if the socket is set to
nonblocking) regardless if I use fd's or GIOChannel's. Is there something
I'm missing(not seeing)? (I use a fair amount of reads and writes to a
socket.  Aka getting all of the headers for all email waiting on a pop3
server).

Sean Cody (aka NullStream)
umcodysw@cc.umanitoba.ca (SCHOOL)
null@fuzyscsi.dhs.org     (HOME)

"If God's my witness then God must be blind."
	Garbage - As Heaven Is Wide