Re: [gtk-list] GIOChannel

giochannel is not extremely useful, but it could be...
wouldn't you rather have your code operate on generic
streams rather that file descriptors?
	1.  it'll make porting your app to windows easier
	2.  it'd be theoretically possible to use a different
	    transport layer (eg SSL)

The event model is critical for writing a gui which doesn't lock
up on all net requests.  I found it helpful enough that I've
used it in at least one non-gui program -- my sound server, gdam.

- Dave