Re: [gtk-list] Re: Documentation

> Jeroen Benckhuijsen wrote:
>
> I sure did RFTM, but i noticed that some parts of the RDP are very
> unclear. I'm not talking about the simple stuff, like creating a label
> or a button. It's more the advanced stuff. Looking at the GDK part of
> the RDP I see only 50% of it if filled out. There just sits there
> without any comment. During development of my app, it's been a hell of

[snip]

Come on folks, anyone who's anyone knows this is a problem. Either
contribute to the documentation effort or quit complaining. Everyone
has their own "legitimate" gripes about the documentation, and they're
all played out. I've got 2 emails in my inbox right now, the one to
which I'm replying now, and one by Havoc (Re: too long menus), in
which he says,

Quoting from my "how to work on free software" document
(http://www106.pair.com/rhp/hacking.html):

  There is no answer to the question, "when will X be finished?" or
  "will feature X be implemented?" The answer to both questions is
  "when and if someone does the work."  If the someone is you, then
  you know the answer. If the someone isn't you, then you'll just have
  to wait and see. :-) There's no manager and no one to make sure
  things happen.

which I think has relevance to this thread also. I sympathize with
you that it would be much more convenient if there was "complete"
documentation, but the situation is definitely not hopeless. ;)

	Brian