Re: [gtk-list] Gdk threading problem

>The loading of data only alters the title of the window, so no other widgets
>are being used.
>
>HELP!!! Anyone knows which function would cause such errors?!?

If you are calling GTK (or GDK or GLIB) functions from both threads
without gthread_enter() and its cousins, you will be almost guaranteed
to get the kind of error you describe. Its not enough to say "no other
widgets are affected" - ultimately, everything under X ends up being
shoved through a single point of communication (to the X server), and
if there is more than one thread trying to do this at the same time as
another, or worse, between the other thread's messages, boom!

But perhaps you are wrapping the GTK/GDK/GLIB calls with the relevant
thread functions. In which case, I don't know.

--p