Need help for compilation on solaris

Hello
I am trying to compile glib with sun's cc compiler on solaris but
failing. Please advise me if anything lacks while compiling.
Details information are given below.

Machine architecture: Sun sparc
OS: Solaris 2.6
Compiler: Workshop cc compiler 4.2.1
Glib version: 1.2.2
My compiler produces the following errors.
./glib.h: line 491: undefined or not a type: gint32
./glib.h: line 491:  warning: "typedef" only valid for function declaration
./glib.h: line 491: syntax error before or at : gssize
./glib.h: line 491: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: gssize
and so on.

If you need more errors to figure out the problem, plz let me know.

Another thing is that when I run the configure script without options it
crashed saying  that "I can't find the thread implementation posix".
Finding no way, I ran the configure script with "--disable-threads" option
and it worked. Which thread implemention I should provide for solaris in thi
s case?
And I set the value cc for the environement variable CC before
running the configure script. But the Makefile which is yielded by
the configure script had the value CC(Sun C++ compiler) for CC variable. So,
 I changed the value(CC=cc) inside Makefile manually. Could anyone
tell me why this is happening?

Sorry for so many questions. I am looking forword to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Takdir(takdir@mcb.netwk.ntt-at.co.jp)