Re: [gtk-list] status of gtk-xmhtml?

Arup Kanjilal <arup@city4u.com> writes:

> Is the gtk-xmhtml widget alive and kicking? I could see the gtkxmhtml
> folder, but not the files on cvs. Heard somewhere that this might be
> replaced by the gtkhtml (or whatever that port of the kde html widget is
> called).

This would better be asked on gnome-devel-list. But the answer
is that gtk-xmhtml is still included in the _stable_ GNOME libraries
(cvs get -r gnome-libs-1-0 gnome-libs), but not in the HEAD branch.

In the next release of the GNOME libraries, it will be replaced
by GtkHTML, which was originally a port of the KDE HTML widget,
though it has since much diverged.

> If it _is_ being maintained, or if its still vaguely alive, does anyone
> know how to setup the widget so I get my custom size, and no scrollbars?

Without having ever used the widget myself, I don't think this
is possible without much hackery.

Regards,
                                        Owen