Re: [gtk-list] problem

Balaguru Nallathambi <bala@netkonnect.net> writes:

> Hey.
>     I installed gtk1.1.6...
>     When I run any application which uses gtk... the application crashes
> with the following message...
>

> tanjore:~/utils/terminatorX-3.51/src$ ./terminatorX
> terminatorX V3.51, Copyright(C)1999 Alexander König,
> alkoit00@fht-esslingen.de
> terminatorX comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY - for details read the
> license.
> Gdk-ERROR **: Fatal IO error 11 (Try again) on X server :0.0.
>

>         Why does this happen... I am stuck here... I am not able to run
> any applications which uses
> gtk (including gimp).. If this is the wrong list to post this message
> please give the correct
> list to post this question...

Well, this is the right list, but I I'm afraid I have very
little idea of why you are getting this error. (Hence didn't
reply to your earlier message).

The most common reason for getting random IO errors is a
mismatch between an application compiled for threading and
Xlibs not compiled for threading. I don't know if that
is the case hear.

It might help to diagnose the problem if you gave some details
of your system and the libraries you have installed.

Regards,
                                        Owen