Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pausing durring widget creation...

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Chris Phelps <chicane@reninet.com> writes:
> > Like I said, most of the time, everything works just fine. Unfotunatly,
> > if i get to clicking the button that causes the switch very quickly, I
> > start getting errors, and eventually a crash.
>
> Maybe if you get a switch and switchback in the same event-processing
> unit (the queued changes are processed in the same idle handler) a bug
> in either GTK or your code is triggered.
>
> Fixing it would take some investigation into where the crash occurs
> and why.
>
> Havoc
>
> --

Im sure you are right in this respect...the code must be overlapping
somewhere, which is what causes the crash (im sure of this because of the
errors that I get). My question was, is there any way that i can make the
functions wait untill the mapping of the new widgets is done? Notice that I am
disableing the button that does the switch while the widgets are being moved
around...unfortunatly it seems that im not waiting long enough. What i need to
find is some condition that i can wait for before i finish the loop and enable
the button... Ive tried GTK_IS_WIDGET and GTK_CONSTRUCTED and things of that
nature...about the best thing so far is a loop that counts to 2 million a
couple of times :o)

Later,
Chicane