Re: [gtk-list] Some ideas about GtkText

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 02:19:53PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:

> What I suggest is that the GtkText class should be an almost abstract
> class, with private subclasses that implement text editors with various
> flavors.
>
> A text widget would be created using:
>
> GtkWidget * gtk_text_new(GtkTextType    power,
> 			 const gchar   *hint,
> 			 GtkAdjustment *h_adj,
> 			 GtkAdjustment *v_adj);

While we are dreaming ;-)

Add a contens type (mime or like) so more advanced editor widgets can
chose higlight / edit mode frome it (ie C-mode, SGML-mode).

Still while dreamimg... A cool feature is to be able to switch widget
on the fly (ie: I realise after a while I will edit one text allot
and switch to emacs).

I'm in no time to implement this in forseable futer :-( so let's hope
ther somone out ther looking for tru hacker value ;-)

/Lars

--
Lars Hallberg                         Micro++  www.micropp.se/
Freeware * C/C++ * Python * Linux * Debian * HTML * Javascript